Serampore Girls’ College was established in 6th June, 1981, by a group of visionaries who stood for the propagation of female education in this part of our sub-divisional town. In 1983 the first batch of students was sent for their Graduation Examination and since then the college has maintained its steady journey with an average of 1800-2000 students on its roll per year. Affiliated to the University of Calcutta and recognized by the Government of West Bengal and the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, our institution is now identified as a prime college by the local people, having affiliation to CU at the degree level in 09 Honours and 16 General subjects.
Immediately after the accreditation by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in the 1st cycle in 2007, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was formed and started functioning steadily. In 2015, the college has been successfully re-accredited by NAAC at ‘B’ Grade. Presently we are looking forward to further improving the quality of the institution by using NAAC framework and with the support of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA).