Serampore and its surrounding places boast of its cosmopolitan population living in a very congenial and peaceful atmosphere. A sizeable population in these areas are Hindi speaking who were suffering from despair as there was no college in the District of Hooghly which had Hindi Department. As a result many Hindi speaking students, specially the girl students could not proceed further beyond Higher Secondary level.
We are very proud that our college played a pioneering role by opening Hindi Department in 2006 in within quarter Century of its birth. Hindi is taught here both as a compulsory and General subject and till date our College is the only one which teachers Hindi as a General Subject in the entire district of Hooghly.
Academic Programs Offered :
- 3 Years B.A. General Course in Hindi
Main objective is to important quality education to the students.
Apart from our main objective stated above we want to make the students the idal citizen by improving some basic ideals among them like secular, democratic and tolerance and belief in equality of both the sexes.
The Department follows strictly the Academic Calendar of the college.
- Apart from the Central Library of the college, the Department has got its own Departmental Library also.
- Apart from Lecture method, Audio-Visual teaching methods are also available.
- Initial Assessment Test for the 1st year students, Remedial Coaching for 1st, 2nd , 3rd year students.
- Open House Programme, Extension Lecture etc.
- Most of the students are from lower middle class or in the BPL category.
- Students are admitted on the basis of marks obtained by them.
Department publishes a Hindi Wall magazine and the lead role is taken by the students.
Name of Teacher
Dr. Nandita Mukherjee
M.A., Ph. D.
Ms. Karuna Gupta
We are approaching authorities for opening Honours Course in Hindi.