The Urdu Department started functioning from the session 2007-2008 after approval of Calcutta University. The Urdu department came into existence and started functioning with Compulsory as well as General Course in Urdu. Now it has become very popular.
It is a matter of great pride that Serampore Girl’s College is the first institution in Hooghly district which ventured in opening Urdu Department by overcoming numerous obstacles and ushered a new era for the students of the locality.
It was a great advantage to the Urdu speaking students especially for girls students who could not commute between their home town and Kolkata for obvious reasons and they did not permitted for taking admission in Co-ed college.
Introduction of Pass Course : 2007-08
Academic Programs Offered:
- 3 Years B.A. General Course in Urdu
1) Zaban-O-Adab ki Tareeque.
i) Aabe Hayat
ii) Muquadama Tareeque Zaban- e – Urdu
3) Shayeri Adab Ki Tareeque
i) Dakan Mein Urdu Shayeri ki Ibtada.
ii) Shumali Hind Mein Urdu Shayeri.
iii) Ghazal (Ghazals of Wali, Siraj, Nazir, Mir, Dard, Ghalib & Yagana)
4) Nasari Adab Ki Tareeque
i) Dakan Mein Urdu Nasar
ii) Shumali Hind Mein Urdu Nasar
iii) Shumali Hindustan Mein Urdu Dastan
i) Bag O Bahar.
ii) Fasana E Ajayab.
1) Makalat 2) Nobel 3) Afsana
4) Khaka 5) Drama 6) Makatib
Aagaz-O-Irtiqua of :- Quasida, Marsia, Masnawi, Nazm, Rubai
1) Quasida – Sauda, Zok,
2) Masnawi – Mir Hasan
3) Marsia - Anis, Dabir
Bangal Mein Urdu Zaban-O-Adab :-
1) Bangal Mein Urdu Zaban Ka Agas O Irtiqua
2) Adab - Bangal Mein Urdu Sahafat, Maqtur, Ghazal, Nazm, Fiction & Drama. 3) Nasar – Maqtur B Safar, Bhet, Taghassul Mein Islah Ki Zarurat.
4) Ghazal – Muklis, Nassakh, Shams,
5) Nazm - Sherwani (Parwez Shahedi)
- The department has its own Library.
- Department also organize Departmental Seminal, Quiz, Debate, Open House Discussion, Group Discussion, Educational Tour etc.
- Apart from regular classes , Tutorial and extra classes are also taken. Teachers are also available beyond class hours.
- Financial help is given to the needy students.
- The students of Urdu department are coming from a very conservative family .
- They are also very poor and some of them are situated in Below Poverty Line.
- Most of the cases the students are the ‘First Generation’ who came to College, as their parents are almost illiterate.
Name of Teacher
Dr. Shahina Moiz
M.A., Ph. D., NET