To improve the power of thinking of students Computer Science Department of Serampore Girls’ College has started their journey from 2002.
“The important thing in Science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of about them.”
Computer Science is a rich academic field that seeks to systematically study the process for solving problems and untangle the complexities in the concrete physical world and the abstract mathematical world.
We at this august department believe that empowering women as complete human binges, rising above gender restrict on needs holistic education. The department thus takes good care to academically enrich, professionally expose within permissible scope and spiritually motivate the young ladies to enable them become positive minded people who will become the future citizen of India.
Academic Programs offered:
- Sc. Honours (Computer Science)
- Sc. General (Computer Science, Physics, Electronics, Mathematics)
- Combinations available for Honours course
- Computer Science (H), Physics, Mathematics
- Computer Science (H), Electronics, Mathematics
To be added later
Curriculum (Computer Science):
To be added later
To be added later
- Class room lectures with ICT Projectors - The department owns a portable LCD projector which enables the faculty and students to give the power point presentations for teaching and seminars respectively.
- Internet Facility for Students - Our department of Science has a network cell which consists of two pcs, internet connection, printer, and scanner. This network cell and net connection can be used by other department’s students and faculty also.
- Tutorial classes - Tutorials are taken regularly.
- Initiative assessment test- An Initial Assessment Test is arranged by the Department to identify Weaker students of 1st year.
- Seminars & Extension Lectures : The extension Program offers a real university experience. Many Extension Program classes are held in our department.
- Departmental Library -
- Number of Books : 60+
- Access Hours : 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Number of books issued per students : One at a time
- For the enrichment and all round development of the students various activities are taken by the department – Quiz Competition, Publishing Wall Magazine, Movie Show, Prize Distribution Ceremony and Educational tour each and every year.
- Parent – Teacher Meeting : Parent teacher meeting can play a very important role in a student’s development and academic success. Teachers and parents often see different aspects of a student’s By an open discussion on the student’s achievements or behavior can these perspectives be useful for both. Parent-teacher meeting are a regular feature of Computer Science Department.
- Paper presented at National Seminar :‘An object based design and implementation of data cleaning’ accecpted by Vidyasagar University in 2010 by Moumita Ghosal.
- ‘Review on Data Cleaning: Problems & Different Approaches’ accepted by PIMR 5th National IT Conference Indore by Moumita Ghosal .
ISBN: 978-81-7446- 884-0 2010
- ‘A review of duplicate elimination in data warehouse ‘ accepted by NCETCS National Seminar in 2010 by Moumita Ghosal
- A UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar was organized by the Department of Computer Science in collaboration with Department of Computer Applications, RCCIIT, Beliaghata, Kolkata on 8th August, 2015
Mr. Debkanti Das
Contractual Whole Time Teacher
VHDL, Embedded systems
Ms. Moumita Ghosal
Contractual Whole Time Teacher (Govt. Approved)
Compiler Design, VLSI
Ms. Anusree Ghosh