NSS (National Service Scheme) is a concrete attempt in making institutional campus relevant to the need of the community. NSS activities are multipurpose as well as multidimensional in their nature which has an important role to the service of mankind and in execution of the process of formation of the future generation of the country through various constructive programmes. Those programmes will act as media through which personality development of students is feasible. With this motto the college NSS Unit I has started its activities since 2006. Unit II has started its activities since 2015. The volunteers of NSS under the supervision of the programme officers used to perform various indoor and outdoor activities and awareness programmes in the nearest locality. The activities of NSS are highly appreciated by the University as well as the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Programmes of the college NSS Unit had two different kind of activities viz, Regular activities and special camping programme.
Aims and objectives of NSS:
- Development of the personality of students through community service.
OBJECTIVES OF NSS:
- To work with/ among people.
- To engage in creative and constructive social action.
- To enhance his/her knowledge of himself and herself and the community.
- To put his/her scholarship to practical use in mitigating atleast some of the problems.
- To gain skill in the exercise of democratic leadership.
- To gain skills in programme development to enable him/her for self-employment.
- To bridge the gulf between the educated and the uneducated masses.
- To promote the will to serve the weaker section of the community.
The motto of NSS:
The motto or watch wood of the National Service Scheme in “NOT ME BUT YOU”. This express essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service and appreciate of the other man’s point of view and also to show consideration for fellow human beings. It underlines that the welfare for individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society as a whole. Therefore it should be the aim of the NSS to demonstrate this motto in its day-to-day programme.
Implementation of national service scheme in the institutions:
- The first duty of students is to study. But this period should not be passed as the time of intellectual luxury.
- NSS is now regard as the third dimension of the education, as it is the programme which gives ample scope to the academician to incorporate extension activities.
- The institution plays important point in the programmes of NSS.
- The NSS programme are broadly divided as per the need of the area adopted by the institutions and the activities undertaken will be as per the guidelines laid down in the NSS.
Benefits of the students:
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Critical analysis skills
- Problem identifying and solving
- Public relation
- Leadership qualities
- Peer Education skills
- Finance Management
- Community Development
- Time Management
- Mobilisation skills
- General communication skills
- Group skills
- Organising skills