The primary mission of the Women’s Cell is to provide guidelines for protection of
women and provide the environment to ensure basic rights to work and study with
dignity and to handle related complaints received and referred to the cell.
Hence, the basic objective of the Women’s Cell is to promote a social, physical and
psychological environment that will raise awareness about and deter acts against
To achieve these objectives the Women’s Cell organises a number of programs.
Some Awareness Programmes and Activities organised by the Women’s Cell during the academic Year 2018-201910th April 2019
Reach out programme for local under-privileged women organised by Women’s Cell in collaboration with the Alumni Association of College.
Speaker : Reach out programme for local under-privileged women organised by Women’s Cell in collaboration with the Alumni Association of College.
Topic : Women Health Care with special emphasis on Safe Child Birth and Birth Control.
8th March 2019
Women’s Day Celebration organised by Women’s Cell in collaboration with the twin
units of NSS. of our college.
A seminar was organised on Legal & Social Safety of the Women.
- Dr. Maitreyi Bose Biswas., Associate Professor of Zoology , Raja Pearymohon College, Utterpara, Hooghly & a Snience Activist.
- Dr. Farzana Saheen, Assistant Professor of Urdu, Serampore Girls College
- Dr. Nandita Mukherjee, HOD, Hindi, Serampore Girls' College.
Topic : Legal & Social Safety of the Women.
16th October 2018
A Seminar was organised on “Women Problems in India”
- Formar Associate Professor Dr. Kumkum Sarkar, Serampore Girls College
- Dr. Saswati Chanda, Serampore Girls College
- Dr. Upasana Roy Burman , Serampore Girls' College.
Topic : Women Problems in India
6th September 2018
free Health Check-up camp was organised by the Women’s Cell and NSS in collaboration with Apollo Gleaneagles Hospital for the 1st year students of the college. In this camp height, weight, blood pressure and random blood sugar of each student was checked. Free consultation by eminent doctors were provided to those students who require it.
- A Seminar was organised on the Threats & Challenges of the social life of women.
- Dr. Hasi Mukherjee
- Dr. Subrata Sarkar, Ex professor, Government Nursing Training College under WBUHS.
Topic : Take Control : Enjoy LIfe.
|Dr. Pradip Kumar Das
|Women's Health and moral development