The historical city of Serampore- has been adorned by a Women’s College- named Serampore Girls’ College- established in 1981. The primary aim of the college was to establish itself as an institution for the empowerment of the Women of the Society- both in terms of academic and other activities. Our institution has always tried to provide the environment to the students to understand their potential and identity of being- ‘Who I am’ . As Swami Vivekananda stated “We want the education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded, and by which one can stand on one’s own feet”.
As per the recommendation of the National Educational Policy 1986 – the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) was established in 1994. NAAC is a governmental organization that assesses and accredits Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). NAAC evaluates the institutions for its conformance to the standards of quality in terms of its performance related to the educational processes and outcomes, curriculum coverage, teaching-learning processes, faculty, research, infrastructure, learning resources, organisation, governance, financial well-being and student services. NAAC proposes that every institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) for quality enhancement and sustenance by incorporating both academic and administrative performance. In reference to this proposal our institution- Serampore Girls’ College has established its first IQAC Body after its first- 1st cycle- NAAC visit in 2007- with Dr Kum Kum Sarkar as its Coordinator. The second cycle of NAAC visit was conducted in the year 2015- with Dr Sarmistha Maitra as IQAC coordinator. With the upcoming NAAC visit- for the 3rd Cycle – the post of IQAC Coordinator was first assigned to Dr Sayanti Talukdar ( Mukhopadhay), but later it was passed on to Dr Upasana Roy Barman. The primordial objective of the IQAC of our institution stands with the guideline provided by NAAC, that is, to establish a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action in order to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
• To make arrangement for gathering information through a 360-degree feedback procedure.
• To organize different workshop, seminar, outreach program, faculty exchange and other academic activities for broadening the knowledge of the student.
• To organize different Skill development course, Career Counselling Course and other activities for the Economic empowerment of the students.
• To develop Social Awareness and personality building among the students- so that they can identity themselves with their own identity of- Who I am.
• To make room for the development of the teaching & non-teaching staff in different faculty development programmes.
• The cell is responsible for the submission of the AQAR - Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC.
- Principal, Chairperson
- Dr. Upasana Roy Barman, IQAC Coordinator
- Dr. Suranjana Bhadra, Teachers' Representative
- Dr, Bimal Mandal, Teachers' Representative
- Dr. Snigdha Chattopadhyay, Teachers' Representative
- Sri Shyamal Kumar Daripa, Teachers' Representative
- Dr. Aritra Ghosh, Teachers' Representative
- Dr. Uttam Halder, Teachers' Representative
- Dr. Sandip Majumdar, Teachers' Representative
- Dr. Asraful Alam, Teachers' Representative
- Dr. Manash Kumar Ghosh, Governing Body Member
- Sri Debasish Saha, Administrative Staff
- Sri Debkanti Das, Administrative Staff
- Dr. Bandana, Doctor of Govt. Hospital, Nominee from local society
- Moumita Sen, Alumi
- Sharadia Ghosh, 3rd semester student, Political Science Honours
In respect to the IQAC meeting conducted n 25.02.2023- the following resolutions were undertaken
- 15th or 16th March has been stated as the date for Academic Administrative Audit – in respect to the AQAR of 2021-2022.
- Departmental Notice copy needs to updated as per the given format- Notice, date and time, resource person ( if applicable), number of participants and their signature, objective, brief description of the event, outcome and photo. They also need to update their departmental page on the Website by 6 th March.
- All the Departments along with NCC, NSS, WOMEN CELL, CULTURAL COMMITTEE, SKILL DEVELOPMENT and CAREER COUNSELLING CELL needs to prepare a PPT of their activities in the Session 2021-2022.
- All the departments who have Laboratory- needs to maintain an amicable environment of it – along with a Stock register.
- The whole institution along with the gymnasium, computer centre and toilet for the disable and the field will be cleaned before the Audit.
- The Sports, Skill development, Women Cell, Career Counseling, Cultural Committee and NCC and NSS- also needs to be updated on the website.
- All the departments need to display their wall magazine on their Notice board.
- Proper documentation both in Hard Copy and Soft Copy of each Criterion.
- A Floor Plan needs to be prepared.
- Each department are asked to make the students aware of the activities undertaken by the department and the college in the academic session 2021-2022.
- The SSR in respect to 2021-2022 needs to be completed by…………..
- A proposal for the formation of a code of conduct committee will be undertaken.
- Value Added Course- Geography, Urdu, Sanskrit, English, Hindi will be undertaken during the break ( a 7 days gap after the completion of the Final Exam on 13 th March 2023) for the 2nd SEMESTER.