In reference to the UGC- University Grant Commission order number D.O. No.1-15/2021(ARC) dated 16th September 2022 it is stated – ‘In pursuance to the Judgement of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India dated 08.05.2009 in Civil Appeal No. 887/2009, the UGC had notified "Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009’. Along with that the West Bengal Prohibition of Ragging in Educational Institution Act – 29th May 2000- also prohibits ragging in educational institutions within West Bengal. As per the above stated Government- both State and Central guidelines- Higher Education institution should maintain a Ragging free campus and should adopt certain measures for attaining it.
In respect to those measures- Serampore Girls’ College has an Anti- Ragging Committee headed by the Principal of the College. In the Orientation Program of the College – for the Semester 1- students, the Principal make the students aware of the ragging related rules and regulations. The Cell directs every department, teaching and non- teaching staff to keep a close watch on the students- and report immediately to the Cell- in case of any inappropriate action or incident. In case the Cell – encounter any such report there are certain steps- that it will undertake-
- First a close door interaction with the one who has stated the complain
- A written complaint is recorded and on the basis of that close door interaction with both the victim and the perpetrator will be undertaken- to understand the credibility of the complaint.
- In case the issue is a case of miscommunication or misinformation- the Cell will undertake the initiative to resolve the issue. But in case the Genuity of the report is proven – the matter is referred to the Principal.
- The Principal in consultation with the Cell and other members of the Authority- will undertake disciplinary measures ( following UGC and State Government guidelines) against the identified perpetrator.
- Principal- Dr Soma Roy (Jana)
- Dr Sandip Majumdar (Convenor)
- Shyamal Kumar Daripa (T.C.S)
- Fajle Alam
- Sk Riajul Medde
- Kabery Hossain
- Shri Debashish Saha.