The Internal Complain Committee of Serampore Girls’ College is constituted in compliance with the Gazette Notification No. F.91-1/2013 (TFGS) entitled University Grants Commission (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institutions) Regulations, 2015 dated 2nd May 2016 published by The Ministry of Human Resource Development (University Grants Commission)- and SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT THE WORKPLACE (PREVENTION, PROHIBITION AND REDRESSAL) ACT 2013. The primary aim of the Committee is:
- To ensure zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment at the institution.
- To maintain a secure and social environment within the Institution- free of Gender based discrimination and violence
- To take appropriate measure (including medical intervention- as per the consent of the complainant).
- To develop a mechanism- Legally based- for prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
- Principal- Dr Soma Roy (Jana)
- Dr Upasana Roy Barman – Assistant Professor
- Shri Shyamal Kumar Daripa- Assistant Professor
- Debasis Saha ( invitee)
- Smt Priyanka Mukherjee- Advocate