IQAC held several meetings in online and offline mode during the period of five years. The meetings were held with the members of IQAC and all teaching staff for assessing the progress being made in the teaching learning process, mentoring of the students, whether academic activities like class test, tutorials, students' seminars, faculty exchange programs, parent teachers' meetings etc. were carried out sincerely. Depending on the reports and feedback by the teachers, problems faced, if any, suggestions for development were given to the teachers.
● Continuous internal evaluation (CIE) was introduced in a more systematic manner for both honours and general students according to a centralized routine from the session 2021-22. In the month of December, 2021 IQAC had organized a quality initiative program for all the teachers of the college where senior teacher had shared her work experience, principal of our college delivered lecture on mentoring and IQAC coordinator had elaborately discussed the SSR of the last five years. The students who had failed in the CIE were asked to sit for/take the exam second time and as a result performance by those students improved considerably in the University examination.
● After publication of semester wise University results office staff of the college prepare statistical data using excel sheet of results for each paper student wise. Result analysis is taken. In joint meeting of academic committee and IQAC these analyses are discussed regularly department wise. Principal points out the departments where students are not performing all. Some teachers discussed about the strategies to improve student’s performance.
● All the departments were advised to prepare Annual departmental reports for the evaluation of the progress of the departments (i.e. students) and these reports were submitted both online and offline to IQAC . The IQAC core team had minutely studied the departmental reports.
● IQAC also contributed in organizing seminars for the departments. In 2022-2023 Department of Political Science and Sociology has organized an International Seminar on Caste.
● One significant contribution of IQAC is reintroduction of three Science subjects- Chemistry, Zoology and Botany in B.Sc General Programme in 2020-2021. In order to facilitate extracurricular activities of the students- Heritage club, Music club, Electoral Literacy Club was founded.
● For past 5 years various Skill development Course and Add on courses were organized by various departments and committees for the academic enrichment and development of skills. This all courses were undertaken in collaboration with different institution and organization through MoU.
● IQAC regularly advises the Women Cell to organize Gender Sensitization programme and Self Defense Workshop for increasing the awareness and confidence among the students.
● ICT classes were gradually increased augmenting required infrastructure. Computer center has been established to take several computer-based skill development courses like Webel Computer Application programme.
PLAN OF ACTION
|PLAN OF ACTION||ACHIEVEMNT / OUTCOME|
|Initiation Memorandum Of Understanding with other colleges and Institutions for academic and co-curricular enrichment of the students.||The institution has initiated several Memorandum of Understanding for conducting faculty exchange programme and formation of Heritage Club.|
|Exhibition Programme for students’ progression||
The institution has conducted Art and Craft Exhibition and Science Exhibition (on Earth Day celebration).
|To develop entrepreneurship skill among the students.||Art and Craft Exhibition and Food Bazar provided a forum to the students to display and sell their creative products and self-prepared food items.|
|Acknowledging and awarding academic and extracurricular activitie.||On the day of Cultural Competition, the Session Topper of each Honours and General subjects are awarded. The winners of different events of the Cultural Competition, best entrepreneur and best model maker were awarded.|
|Programmes for development personality, communicative, cognitive and job-oriented skills of the students.||The institution has initiated several Skill Development programmes and Add on Courses. Some of them were organized in collaboration with other institutions like NSOU, NASSCOM and WEBEL.|