BACKWARD COMMUNITY CELL
The Backward Community Cell of the Serampore Girls’ College was formed by the Governing Body dated 5.5.2022- in the academic session 2021-2022 . The cell works in accordance with the policies, programs and schemes provided by the Government of India- for the Backward Community of India. Even though the Cell follows the path of Protective discrimination to ensure harmony and social justice for the backward class, it has always emphasized the need of providing a harmonious, safe, secure and reverential environment for all the students, teaching and non-teaching staff of Serampore Girls’ College.
The Objectives of the Cell are as follows:
- To continuously monitor and implement the reservation policy of Governance of India and to comply with UGC regulation and University of Calcutta regulations.
- To help and monitor the implementation of reservation policies in respect to the admission program and recruitment of teaching and non-teaching staff (following the 100 points Roster) of the college
- To collect reports and information regarding the order issued by the Government of India on the various aspects of education, training and employment of the Backward Communities.
- To ensure that all the Government facilities in term of scholarship and others- are provided to the students of the backward communities.
- To organize Talks and Seminars on the current issues and Government schemes in order to keep the students engaged and informed.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the university and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems. In case of grave situation, the cell might communicate with Office of the Commissioner for SC/ST and OBCs in response to the complaint.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
MEMBERS OF THE BACKWARD COMMUNITY CELL
|DR SOMA ROY (JANA)
|DR BIMAL MANDAL – Associate Professor- Dept of Education
|DR SANDIP MAJUMDAR- Assistant Professor- Dept of Physics
|DR MEGHLAI LAMA- Assistant Professor- Dept of History
|DR ASRAFUL ALAM- Assistant Professor – Dept of Geography
|JHANTU METE- NON-TEACHING STAFF